Tuesday, May 19, 2009

poster comps







I couldn't upload pdfs because there were errors in uploading. I experimented with blue, black and red text. I think red looks better because it goes better with my book which has a red cover. I would also like to know if "children's book typography" placed on the bottom or top of the page is better and if the girl's silhouette is better scaled smaller or larger. I think children's book typography goes better on the top and the silhouette is better larger. I think my choices give a more complete feel to a poster. The last poster is my choice. 

1 comment:

  1. I agree that the last one is the best of the bunch.

    The colors on the whole are great. And the reductive quality of the book works.But now that the type is away from the girl, and it's morning and I'm on less Vicodin ;) I can't tell that it's the silhouette of a girl. Too blobby. Basically I have no idea what it is. The book gets a little lost in the blobbiness too. Too much live-trace or other such Illustrator algorithm.

    The red might be too red. Feels like a gash or cut, or maybe I'm just traumatized by Xander's poster. The blue feels more soothing and calming with the green. Maybe a deeper red? Or the blue of the first?

    That's a great quote, but feels kind of harsh with the heavy rule below it. Rather than the heavy rule, what if you had a hand written underline. Something with the simple and understated elegance of the title.

    The first quotation mark of the quote isn't quite hanging in the margin enough. Look closely at the alignment.

    You don't need the hyphen before the quote's author, the distinction in type does it.

    ReplyDelete