Friday, May 15, 2009

final poster (on progress) ~ zhen

It will says "Experimental Typography is Tight"


(zoom in view)


I am 3/5 done with my final poster after 4 hrs. There shouldn't be any repeated animal with same posture. So that will make it more handcraft and outstanding. I enjoyed so much with experimenting and puzzling. I changed the background color to match my book's overall look.

I don't know if I've mentioned the reason behind why I used "animals" to build the words instead of others. The reason is because I recalled my childhood's memory, where I used to make animal figure into letter form and shape, so it's more personal to the artist (me). Since it's experimental, I think it's suitable.

Okie dokie, that's it for now...will be continue....^_^

1 comment:

  1. WOW. Nice work. The variation of animal forms is good and the letters seem balanced and convincing.

    Many of the stroke terminals are a little misshapen - the animal body contours are not reinforcing what should be evenly rounded edges of the strokes. That's not tight. Fine tune.

    Tight? OK, I guess. Maybe some other bit of information to tell us what this is referring too? Could be something playful or suggestive - you just need to give a little more for the audience.

    Have you tried different tonalities for the BG color? Try decreasing the saturation, percentage. Tint?

    Play with the scale and balance of the word to the page. Don't just make it default without trying out lots of other possibilities.

    ReplyDelete